It has been a fantastic year. Lots happened. Mostly good. Some bad. Here's just a couple highlights:
1) My publisher decided to shutter its doors by the end of 2012, which left my book, Dragonfly Warrior, homeless. Luckily, I was able to get picked up by another publisher that I had met with late last year. It all worked out.
2) I participated in the Blogging A-Z Challenge for the first time where I did 26 posts about steampunk. It was tough, and I got a little burned out at the end, but I powered through it.
3) I was told that my company was closing its doors here, but wanted to move me to Pittsburgh. I initially accepted, but I changed my mind. I went after a job with a company I had long admired, and I was chosen. So now long distance move, AND I'm happier.
4) NaNoWriMo was something that I longed to do for eight years, but just never had the courage to do. I decided to throw my hat in the ring literally a day before it started. And I kicked that 50,000 word goal's ass. My NaNo project is my sequel to Dragonfly Warrior - and I just signed a contract for that book last week, titled Shadow Warrior.
5) I did a lot of ARC reading and editing this year. It was great to help others out. If time allows, I'd like to continue to help. And many of you helped me out with my blurb for Dragonfly Warrior. Thank you so much. I love this writing community!
6) Wanting to always learn and get outside my comfort zone, I decided to collaborate with the wonderful Mirandy Hardy. We're writing a YA paranormal romance together - something that I never thought I'd do. And I'm writing in 1st person. That's a far departure from what I normally do. It's going great, and we're almost done with our first draft. You'll hear more about our project in 2013 for sure.
7) I turned 40 on Wednesday. I don't feel much different. Still feel like a kid. I know I act like one often.
8) I'm moving the week of New Years, followed by a business trip to Colorado Springs January 7th, so this is my last post until January 11th. That's the longest hiatus I've taken in a couple years, and I will still visit all of you until then.
Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope you set some fantastic goals for 2013, and here's to reaching them together!